Hey there, I’m so glad you found our little corner of the web! My name is Jessi, pictured here with my husband, Sage, and our two little farm hands. Home is our 45-acre farmstead in Bourbon Co. Kansas where we use holistic farming practices to grow a large portion of our own food. We’ve been homesteading since 2016- before it was cool! Truly though, we were just following our passion to have a hand in feeding ourselves. We’ve always had the understanding of where food comes from, Sage growing up on a ranch here in Kansas and myself raised on a farm in Missouri. One thing about us, we’re no strangers to dirt, work and sweat! But we craved something simpler. Something more wholesome. And that’s where our journey began, as a seed, an idea that maybe there’s something more to this life than working for money day after day…
Now here we are, 6 years later and that little seed has sure grown! Our desire and passion for this lifestyle has only deepened and we hope to share the knowledge we’ve gained along the way with other like-minded folks looking to live a simpler, more fulfilling life. If you’re looking for inspiration to start your own homestead, look no further! Follow our journey as we share tips and tricks on organic gardening, holistic animal husbandry, natural living and my favorite farm-to-table recipes.
10 Fun facts about us
- Sage and I met and started dating at 16 and 17 years old- can you guess who’s older?
- Before I found my passion growing and making herbal skincare, I designed a few websites (and hated it!)
- Many people are under the impression we’re antisocial- mainly because we have no desire to leave the farm
- We don’t really like spicy food
- Sage was raised in a tomato-hating family (gasp!) and after many thorough taste tests, he is a convert
- I am one of those “I don’t have a favorite color; I like the rainbow” because I am literally that indecisive…
- Sage plans nothing, I plan down to the hour in my paper planner, and we work well together… most of the time (wink, wink)
- I am a foodie, through and through
- Sage’s least favorite animal? Whichever goat is screaming at him this moment (insert me laughing)
- My favorite animal? At this moment in time- our milk cow, hands down!
If you like what you’ve seen here, sign up below to stay in touch with ongoings around our farm, you’ll be the first to know when something new and fun is happening!